ESEA v FaceIt v CEVO
If you have lost the drive to play matchmaking because you have reached Global Elite or you are fed up of hackers and griefers then I recommend you check out these services. ESEA, Faceit & CEVO offer a completely different environment and can change the way the game plays. If you are fed up with MM then you can either start pugging against really great players, search for a team and play scrims or try to get into leagues. There are third-party party companies that offer such services: ESEA, FACEIT & CEVO. After having a large amount of experience on all 3 services I can give a good insight into what these services do well and what they don’t do well, making sure you get the service that works best for you.
- Effective anti-cheat
- Karma System
- Trolls/Griefers earn negative karma and can get banned.
- Excellent servers
- Simple Client
- People less likely to troll of paying for ESEA
- Queue system
- Reserved slot on FragShack DM servers
- League system with huge prices
- Scrim system
- Recruitment centre
- Find teams/players
- Ladder System with different ranks so players are matched with players who are similar quality
- Rank-S gives players an option to get noticed by the big teams
- Really popular in NA
- Quite Expensive
- Incredibly Intrusive Client
- No ladder system, resulting in unbalanced games from time to time
- People play for RWS, meaning they play for kills/bomb plants and not for teamwork or to win.
- Scumbag Company
- People can get very upset and kick you/give you negative karma if you underperform.
- 128 tick
- Ladder system (Compete for prizes)
- Free & Paid Option
- Queue system
- FPL & FPL-C offer a chance to play with the best players and get noticed by a big team e.g. Ropz.
- Popular in EU
- Servers not as good as ESEAs
- No client, website only
- A Windows-Only client is currently in Beta.
- People go AFK/Leave games because it’s free and they don’t care.
- Involves a massive grind to move from the lower ranks which have many ‘free’ players who troll and grief.
- 128 tick
- Great Servers
- Good Anti-Cheat
- Free & Paid Options
- Has a decent Client
- Client is confusing.
- No Queue System (can take a while to find a game)
- Not as many people play CEVO as ESEA & FaceIt
- In Free matches, people go AFK/leave because they don’t care
- No ladder system or matchmaking, resulting in very very unbalanced games
ESEA v FaceIt v CEVO Summary
If you have the money to pay for ESEA, FaceIt or CEVO then 100% do it, it is worth it.
ESEA has the best anti-cheat in the game, however, they have the most intrusive client. Furthermore, ESEA has the best servers. ESEA also has the best players from Day 1 who are willing to work hard and play properly.
FaceIt has FPL which can be a huge factor, so if you want to play with the pros and become a professional gamer then FaceIt may be for you if you are from EU. However, FPL isn’t very big in NA, so choose ESEA who offer Rank-S. This is the equivalent of FPL and will allow you to play for the NA Pro Players like Fallen & n0thing.
<a href=”http://www.dmca.com/Protection/Status.aspx?ID=0f3f85af-c299-4320-aa40-8d9e404341f1″ title=”DMCA.com Protection Status” class=”dmca-badge”> <img src=”//images.dmca.com/Badges/dmca-badge-w100-5×1-02.png?ID=0f3f85af-c299-4320-aa40-8d9e404341f1″ alt=”DMCA.com Protection Status”></a> <script src=”//images.dmca.com/Badges/DMCABadgeHelper.min.js”> </script>